Tag: IOU

BTC-e Will Distribute 55% of User Assets, Remaining 45% Are Currency-Specific IOUs

The ongoing situation concerning the BTC-e exchange continues to spark debate among cryptocurrency enthusiasts. In its previous update, the company had announced the creation of an IOU token and a reduction in customer balances. After receiving significant community feedback, it appears the plans have changed once again. Despite the uncertainty, it is good to see the company working on new solutions. New BTC-E Update Offers Some Good News Ever since the BTC-e exchange platform …
[Read More]

Bitcoin Cash Futures Valued at Double ViaBTC’s IOU Token Trading

The entire Bitcoin Cash situation has created some very interesting discussions over the past few weeks. Whether or not BCH tokens have significant value remains to be seen for now. If the IOU and futures markets are any indication, however, we could be in for a very wild ride over the next few days. It is notable that Bitcoin Cash futures are trading at almost twice the value of the BCH IOUs …
[Read More]

Making BFXCoin Tradeable is Not In The Best Interest of Bitfinex

Now that Bitfinex has announced their plan to issue a BFXCoin to its users, things are getting even more confusing in the cryptocurrency space. One of the biggest concerns is how holders of this token will not be able to trade it. That makes it rather worthless on paper, as it is nothing more than a promise by Bitfinex to repay users one day in the future. BFXCoin is A …
[Read More]

Fiat Currency Volatility Prevents A Stable Bitcoin Price

With Bitcoin being known for its volatility throughout the years, it has become hard to imagine the world where the Bitcoin price becomes very stable all of a sudden. Even though the digital currency has been fairly stable throughout 2015, things have started slipping again in early 2016. But what would happen if Bitcoin can be deemed stable? Will there a massive change from fiat to digital currency all of …
[Read More]