After announcing platform development for its Core v2 blockchain update, ARK, has now proudly followed up with an in-depth look into this recent development. This optimized version of the ARK Core boasts an impressive number of features that addresses existing concerns with the platforms and implements exciting, new functionalities.
Disclosure: This is a Sponsored Article
Initially developed on the Crypti/Lisk legacy code, the team had to scrap this foundation entirely in order to build their own code base based on recommendation from the ARK’s Contract Execution Services (ACES) and ARK’s internal work. The recommendation was as a result of a thorough investigation into improving the core codebase to facilitate the needs of the platform. The investigation, which started in the fall of 2017, has enabled the team to completely revamped the platform and reposition its potential as an industry leader.
ARK developmental team is now pleased to announce that they are very close to releasing the beta of the project onto DevNet for public testing.
Providing an insight into the blockchain’s capability, ARK’s Co-founder, Francois Thoorens, says:
“Once the blockchain is downloaded and assuming it is not corrupted, we have managed to perform a complete rebuild in a little over 1 minute for mainnet on a Macbook Pro. So now each time you restart your node, the script performs a rebuild so processes can be safely synced back to the network. We are still working to improve this rebuild to make a complete blockchain audit detecting any corruption of the blockchain.”
The release will be spot the following innovative and exciting features:
Exploring ARK Core v2
What’s to be found in ARK Core v2? Below is a list detailing the new features:
- Multi-processor leveraging capabilities (separate CPUs for Node, Transaction Pool and Forger processes)
- Single command line install.
- Componentable (Relay Node, Forger, Transaction Pool, Storage, Public API, P2P API, option for your own components
- Running on Mac/Windows/Linux.
- Fast rebuild using SPV (with automatic switch to full rebuild when rebuild is close to network height).
- Support for various databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite3, MsSQL)
- Implementation of AIP11 (protocol serialisation).
- Implementation of AIP14 (versioned restful API).
- Implementation of AIP15 (WebHooks)
- Encryption of delegate passphrase through BIP38 One Time Password (OTP) RAM encryption in the config file
- State Machine programming through auditable API
- Elimination of snapshots anymore (if for whatever reason node gets stuck/forked it will delete x-number of blocks from the database and try to sync from ARK network, rather than the need to download snapshot).
- Forging process running behind firewall.
- Programmable State Machine with an auditing API.
- Easing the configuration of deployable arkchains through progressive fork rules in the config file that remains constant
- Rotating and compressing log.
- 100% compatibility with v1 protocol.
- Internal API for forger.
- Revamped testing framework.
- Dynamic fees (Fees will be set by delegates in their configuration files, bringing true governance one step closer)
ARK is fully confident that its platform upgrade will finally deliver a solution that will fit the needs of business, organization, or individual looking to deploy a DPoS blockchain for mass adoption.
Learn more about ARK at – http://ark.io/
Meet the ARK Team at – https://ark.io/#team
ARK YouTube – https://youtu.be/UWCsAFGnv5c
Catch ARK on Slack – http://arkecosystem.slack.com/