Categories: CryptoFinanceNews

This Mexican Startup Will Allow Customers to Buy Bitcoins In Grocery Stores

Zmart Group, a Mexican startup, announced that they will bring Bitcoin to their extensive network of cellphone top-up resellers, this will allow customers to buy Bitcoins at their local grocery store without the need for a credit card.

In the present day, many ways to buy Bitcoins exists, from ATMs to P2P transactions, the wide availability of services and the increase of merchant adoptions has been a delight for many users, today, a new method to acquire Bitcoins in Mexico has been unveiled.

Zmart Group is an eCommerce platform that enables independent merchants to resell or provide services through a cellphone app called MaxSaldo, Christian Sandoval, the founder of the company stated:

We created an app were you can buy and deposit credit, not for you to use, but to sell, with our MaxSaldo app you just go to the bank and deposit money, which then will be reflected on your profile, with this, you can sell our products to your customers.

MaxSaldo can be used to sell top-ups, videogame memberships, personal insurance, products made by more than 80 companies, and now, Bitcoins. This service is intended not for the big retailers or merchants, but to the guy who sells your coffee and groceries, MaxSaldo allows to sell digital goods and products to users so that they don’t have to use the Internet.

Zmart Group has built an ecosystem where people can buy digital goods without having to use the Internet, according to Sandoval, eCommerce has been lagging behind in Mexico:

Related Post

Today, most of the eCommerce is done through payment processors like Paypal and others, and they only account for less than 1% of the transactions on a national level, we asked ourselves, how could we reach the other 99%?, that’s why we created MaxSaldo.

The service will also use the platform of Bitso, another Mexican startup, Bitso is one of the biggest Bitcoin Exchanges in the Central American country. Sandoval stated that thanks to the integration of the platforms, buying Bitcoins will be as easy as to walk down to a grocery store, ask the clerk for a determined amount of Bitcoins, pay him, and reply to an SMS asking for your Bitcoin wallet address.

Zmart Group was founded in 2010 by Christian Sandoval which decided to create a cellphone top-up sales service for small merchants and owners of local grocery stores, today the service is provided by more than 29,000 points of sales across the country.

Apple users can now download the app of The Merkle in the App Store!

If you liked this article follow us on twitter @themerklenews and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest bitcoin and altcoin price analysis and the latest cryptocurrency news.

Eduardo Gómez

Eduardo Gómez is a Computer Science Major from Venezuela, a country with a loyal Bitcoin user base. He discovered Bitcoin in 2012 and now he use it to escape the triple-digit inflation that Venezuela suffers, he is focusing on developing a writing career, and he tries to keep up with the news in FinTech and Blockchain Technologies.

Share
Published by
Eduardo Gómez

Recent Posts

Embr’s Innovative CeDeFi Ecosystem Aims to Provide Long-term Value To Investors

There has been a lot of discussion about decentralization and why it is essential for…

15 hours ago

Top 5 Yield Farming Coins to Watch In 2022

With the recent boom of Metaverse and Meme coins, it seems that Yield Farming projects…

19 hours ago

Shiba Inu Price Up 5%, Gemini Adds SHIB to Its Platform

Shiba Inu price is up 5% today, peaking at $0.00005592 with a low of $0.00005235.…

1 day ago

5 Metaverse Coins Valued Under $100 Million

With metaverse applications being the next big trend in crypto, there are still a lot…

1 day ago

The Work From Home Revolution Has Arrived

With many employers and employees acknowledging the feasibility of remote work, the possibility of it…

1 day ago

WAX Price Up 44%, Increased User Adoption Signals Growing Interest in the Platform

WAX price is up over 44% today, making it the biggest gainer on Crypto.com. With…

2 days ago

This website uses cookies.