Renowned Crypto startup Ark has announced the release of their new mobile wallet app. Users can now vote for delegates, send ARK, or just check their balance straight from the palm of their hand. Ark mobile wallet requires no sync, users can simply open the app and start making trades. ARK’s mobile wallet is a hybrid application that uses the same codebase for both for Android and iOS, which also helps coordinate development.
Disclosure: This is a Sponsored Article
ARK’s mobile wallet uses the Ionic framework and an integrated TypeScript API to interact with the network via the user’s mobile phone. The ARK wallet is streamlined in a way that should alter the way crypto enthusiasts send tokens. The ARK wallet is currently still in a Beta version, so users are only able to access a taste of what the final product will be able to offer.
ARK have developed a slew of features with this release, including:
- Import your existing passphrase (import by QR feature or write/paste your passphrase).
- Generate a new passphrase.
- Encrypt access to your profile with a custom 6 digit PIN (AES256+PBKDF2).
- Most transaction types are available: send, receive, vote, unvote, register a delegate.
- Connects to both manner and devnet.
- Option for additional profiles (separate profiles for different ARK addresses or networks).
- Option to add contacts and easily transact with them.
- Total balance of your combined ARK addresses.
- Wallet backup — input your selected PIN to decrypt your wallet and gain a view of your private data.
- Change PIN — if you want to change your encryption/decryption PIN you can easily do so.
- Clear Data — you can clear all your data from the phone (note: this will also delete all of your wallets so if you haven’t yet you should make a backup).
- Overview of network status with an option to change peer.
- Current market value, along with weekly movements.
- Support for showing data in different FIAT currencies.
How to setup ARK wallet for Android
Or go to Google Play store from your mobile wallet and search for ‘Mobile ARK’ — install. Requires Android 4.1+ to work.
How to set up ARK Wallet for IOS:
Install Ionic View – Test Ionic Apps
Open and click the eye at the bottom
Enter the ID 0894ffa2 and “View App”
Note: This is currently a workaround as we are still waiting on approval from Apple (they are very strict with finance and cryptocurrency apps). When we get final approval from the iOS App store we’ll let you know via social channels. The QR scanner is also not compatible with ‘Ionic View — Test Ionic Apps’ so it won’t work on iOS.
The Future of the ARK Wallet
In the upcoming months, ARK will develop the mobile wallet with input from ARK’s community developers and users. They also aim to integrate:
- Ledger Nano S support via On-the-Go (OTG) cable/adapter.
- Dark theme.
- Adding an option to add custom network types (eg. your own ARK-based chain or for instance Kapu, Blackpool, …) just from 1 IP address — use ARK wallet for any current or future ARK based blockchain project!
- Ability to allow your fingerprint to act as a PIN to unlock your wallet (optional of course).
- Notifications of receiving transactions.
- Adding more localizations (you’ll be able to help in this regards to getting ARK mobile wallet translated into your local language).
- Saving your generated passphrase to.PDF.