The Xenio.io project is a decentralized gaming platform and blockchain. The project soft launch announcement was made on September 1, 2017, and the formal launch will take place in late September. The formal launch will coincide with the release of the source code for the blockchain and client application on GitHub, which is already well into development. We will also simultaneously be launching a crowdsale. The details of that campaign are pending.
- Xenio is a distributed, decentralized, open access gaming platform and blockchain based on a code fork of Ethereum.
- Xenio runs on its own dedicated blockchain, optimizing its use for gaming without the bloat of the generic Ethereum blockchain.
- The open source blockchain and client code will be publicly available on Github before the crowdsale.
- Xenio uses a novel adaptation of Proof of Stake called Proof of Networking (PoN), where network nodes are rewarded for providing services to the rest of the network.
- The Proof of Networking technology can be extended to many other use cases. For instance, a distributed CDN can be created to serve internet pages directly from the blockchain.
- In the Xenio implementation of Proof of Networking, the system provides payments to game server operators in the form of Xenio coins within the 20 minute PoN superblocks, based on the product of active players and how many Xenio coins the server has staked.
- The on-blockchain Xenio coins allow smart contract transactions to track and transfer digital ownership of in-game assets
- Anyone can mine Xenio coins by operating multiplayer gaming servers on the Xenio blockchain.
- Simply running the Xenio client software provides gamers with small rewards in the form of Xenio coins from the shared network transaction fees based on 1-second Proof of Stake blocks.
- The Xenio client includes a built-in game asset marketplace, tools for smart contract creation, and a gaming management interface for server operators
- The Xenio coin works both as a mechanism for rewarding network participation as well as a token for purchasing in-platform items and services. It can also be used for gaming applications beyond the Xenio client.
- The value of the Xenio coin is proportional to its utility – as more services come online and more users enter the system, the coin becomes more valuable due to scarcity and an increase in the superblock mining difficulty.
- Within the Xenio system, game developers can raise money to develop their gaming projects of any size using smart contracts.
- Game developers can tokenize any object that their online game uses, from accounts to in-game assets to community badges and awards; even the game license itself can be tokenized.
- The Xenio blockchain is a distributed, serverless application, so there is no centralized database like Steam to be hacked or taken offline.
- The Proof of Networking system may have unidentified attack vectors, but challenges are expected for any project. We will be working closely to identify possible attacks and mitigation strategies.
- The decentralized nature of the system may make it easier for pirated games to make it into the system. The planned mitigation solution will utilize smart contracts to allow community-driven moderation to hide copyrighted content, with automated solutions possible in the future.
- The initial Xenio client will include a full node wallet, which means it will be slightly heavier than a normal client. Eventually we will provide light nodes to ensure anyone can participate in the network.
This is a sponsored press release and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or views held by any employees of The Merkle. This is not investment, trading, or gambling advice. Always conduct your own independent research.